Friday, July 18, 2008

Orion Leroy Woodward (1857-1940)




Blessing & Co., 214 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD.
Photo-Multigraph before 1900
Size of Photo: 6,7 x 15,9 cm, Size of card: 7,2 x 16,5 cm with golden edges and rounded corners.
John Philip Blessing and Henry Fenge, "Photo-Multigraphs, patented. We have exclusive right to operate this process in Baltimore. Duplicates of this picture can be had by sending full name. No number required." The Handwriting is that of Orion's wife Mary Strong Woodward.
Courtesy: Dr. Mark L. Purinton and Janet Gerry. When I (HWL) asked Marc Purinton (Doc P) for permission to use the image he was so very kind to donate the original Photo to me as a support to my research. I want to express my gratitude to him. Thank you very much!
Collection Heinz-Werner Lawo

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics